Wednesday 11 June 2008

Yoko Higashi in the mix


I have received the files by Yôko Higashi. She is a Japanese performer with a couple of outstanding releases on Entr'acte. I asked Yôko to recite the text for the piano and poetry project. She did this and added parts in Japanese. Especially the Japanese ones are exciting because I don't understand the words. That gives me the opportunity to concentrate on their sonic aspects, whilst I know that the words are within the context of the project.

I am also working on working with frequency layers. Subtly shifting them yields interesting results. You will hear in due time!

Get more info on Entr'acte here.

Yoko doesn't really have a website, I believe. But there's a lot that can be found at youtube. She works with Lionel Marchetti, the great French magician.

0 reacties:

About This Blog

WOOHHAHAHA

Our Blogger Templates

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP