Sunday 29 June 2008

Changing the lab setup

When you're working on very silent passages you want a silent environment. But there's a constant humm on the background: yer computer. I have made quite a lot of adaptations to silence that. Wrapped it in cloth, bought myself a very silent box (Antec2), stuffed that with foam to prevent resonating metal. But you still keep hearing a soft fan which gets louder in time because dust settles down.

So now I've decided to go one step further. I bought myself extension cables and moved the computer case to another room. That really helps! For the time being. Before you know it I start complaining about the soft humm that still leaks through the walls. It's a never ending story, really.

0 reacties:

About This Blog

WOOHHAHAHA

Our Blogger Templates

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP